NAUI Master Diver is the highest recreational diver rating awarded by NAUI. The course provides a continuing education opportunity for divers who wish to increase their understanding diving sciences and practices. Emphasis is placed on student participation and practical application of knowledge in the open water combined with classroom discussion.
Our NAUI Master Diver Course includes a minimum of 24 hours of classroom (eight, three hour sessions), independent study and completion of a minimum of eight open water dives with your instructor.
Certification as a NAUI Master Diver is a prerequisite for entry into NAUI Leadership programs including NAUI Dive Master and NAUI Instructor.
Course Tuition: This is a “pay as you go” program, making participation affordable and easy. Simply register to begin your training and pay the additional fees as you progress. Please note, listed fees do not include charter fees, dive site admission fees, gas fills, equipment rental or other personal expenses.
- Master Diver Registration: $225 includes 8 classroom sessions, the award winning NAUI Master Diver Educational System with eLearning, textbook, workbook, and reference materials and certification upon successful completion of all course requirements. Classroom topics include:
- Diving Equipment
- Diving Physics
- Diving Medicine
- Decompression Theory/Tables
- Diving Environments
- Deep Diving Techniques
- Technical Diving & Seamanship
- Search/Recovery & Salvage
- Open Water Dives: $170 includes 8 open water dives with the instructor to earn your NAUI Master Diver certification. Cost does not include boat charter fees, dive site admission fees and other additional expenses.
Prerequisites: Advanced Diver certification or equivalent experience and minimum 15 years of age. Students must provide their own equipment and gas fills for all course activities.
Brochure: Syllabus - Master Diver 2014.pdf